Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Soak Off & Manicure & Acrygel Oh My!!!



Hi NaiLovelies!

So, on Thursday/Friday of last week I totally fell out of lovewith my nails…. We had been ambling along quite nicely and then ‘BAM’ out of the blue, we came to a screeching halt in our relationship!  Things were looking dicey for a moment and let’s just say, it was time to shape up or ship out!

My nails had grown out quite a lot since their last shape up less than weeks prior and the quick growth spurt meant that I had very quickly grown to dislike the shape.  This was compounded by the fact that my sidewalls were starting to look a little raggedy with a few hang nails thrown into the mix!  

It is amazing what high definition fully zoomed in pictures of your nails enable you to see and subsequently pick fault with.

As I am not a huge fan of the sound or the sensation of filing, I toyed with the idea of cutting down my nails to neaten them up and change to squovals.  However, I have learned my lesson following my last ‘big chop’ down to nubbins after suffering months of peeling as a result of opting for clippers due to my reluctance to file down the length.  I decided to sit down (camera in hand, this post contains two videos!) and sort out my nails properly – after all I now have both the knowledge and the tools to tend to my nails properly since I attended the Manicure & Spa Manicure course last month.
Soak Off
I started by soaking off my TruGel Desert Rose manicure.  I have posted a video on YouTube to show the steps I followed.  I was really impressed with how well the TruGel soaked off, with most nails giving up their gel polish coating in one easy sheet!  Those are the best soak offs and I am pleased I was able to capture it on camera.