Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The best skincare products of 2012

So another year and another load of beauty products! As my skin changes - my beauty regime changes too. I have found some amazing products this year that I am delighted with and some I am disgusted with but I decided to do a round up of the better ones!

BEST......overnight cream
Clinique Youth Surge Moisturizer
I have become obsessed with night creams and anti aging creams lately. I bought this by mistake a few months back and never used it. Eventually a shortage in spare creams drove me to open it and I discovered its great for my skin. I wont bore you with what is in it - but it leaves my skin feeling fantastic in the mornings. I wont use something so heavy if I am leaving the house because I put my foundation on top of it and I hate feeling weighed down but I don't mind popping it on overnight at all. This is a little too heavy for day though.

BEST......Eye cream
MAC Mineralize Charged Water eye gel
I have had a serious love / hate relationship with eye creams. This is exactly the issue - eye cream. I hate using creams on my face during the day because I find them too heavy. This is where the gel formula comes in handy. It's great for light applications and sinks into the skin immediately which means I have no irritated eyes or stinging! Winner! It's also got loads of minerals in it which is a bonus!

BEST.....Daytime Moisturizer
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Legendary product! I love this because the gel sinks into the skin and I can pop my foundation on top of it immediately. I feel ready to go instantly. I love that it leaves my skin feeling silky soft and also, for an added bonus, if you mix a matte foundation like studio fix into it - it makes a great tinted moisturiser! Hurrah! Seriously, if your like me and hate heavy lotions (although if you love lotions and creams then do note that this also comes in a lotion format) then get into the gels. You wont look back!

BEST......Make-Up Remover
Lush Ultrabland Make-up Remover
A new one but a great one. This entered my life a week ago but its amazing. I am addicted to it. It's a simple idea - a fragrance free cleanser that uses oil to dissolve oil products. Then you wipe it off and its done. It takes about five minutes to do and it dissolves everything from hardcore mascara to light foundations. Easy! It costs about £10.50 but that is for a massive jar of the stuff! It is Lush so use quickly to avoid it going off but seriously, its worth it.

BEST.....Lip Conditioner
MAC Lip Conditioner
This amazing formula comes in several different styles - from pot, to a tube to a stick. I don't know why but I prefer the stick option. It's incredibly moisturising and great for this dry weather. I always remove my lipstick in the evenings and pop this on to relieve my lips. A handy trick is to pop a small bit on a toothbrush or a disposable mascara wand and comb the lips to stop them from flaking or chapping before applying lipstick. Wonderful product!

BEST......Make Up Wipes
Primark Tea Tree Oil Wipes
These were an impulse purchase one day and are now a main part of my make-up routine. I do suffer from dry skin but I also suffer from blemishes. The tea tree oil is anti bacterial which is great for spots and helps to keep my skin in check. They also do a great job of removing make-up in a hurry. I do have need to remove make-up in a hurry as well! They are great on location as well because they cost next to nothing to replace - a pack of two costs £1.50. How can you argue with that!?!??!

BEST.....Body Scrub
Soap and Glory The Breakfast Scrub
I love exfoliating. I suffer from extremely dry skin so you can imagine how great a good scrub feels! I LOVED this product while I had it but something stops me from buying it - the price.  It's almost ten pounds for a body scrub! I refuse to spend that sort of money in Boots! I loved the sweet smell of the lotion and also the granules were the perfect size and hardness to leave my skin really soft. I need to re-invest in it though. I bought it on sale though which makes replacing it at full price a bit painful!

BEST.....Face Exfoliator
MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator
This came out again this year after it's limited edition run a few years back. I love this product and I am really in dire need of a new bottle of it. It contains actual pieces of volcanic ash and is a fantastic deeply cleansing product. I love harsh exfoliators on my face - I know I am not meant to but I love using body scrubs on my face. I find facial exfoliators a little too light for my liking. However, I am impressed with VAE because it has stronger granules in it but its gentle enough for my skin. Whenever I use this I find that it pulls all the dirt from my skin and every bit of old make-up leaving my skin really soft. I really recommend this - if you can find any remaining bottles!

BEST......Face Masks
LUSH Seaweed/ Lavender Masks
Lush face masks are amazing. I have become completely obsessed with them.

So there you have it! My best buys of 2012! I will also do a make-up essential round up as well before the end of the year if I can! I do try to get a wide variety of smells, prices and companies in there as I do shop around! I am looking forward to next year and the new crop of products!

I still need to find :

 1 - a good blemish remedy
2 -  A good cheaper body scrub
3 - The best bath foam
4 - The best soap
5 - A decent body lotion

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar