Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My New Obsession With... Nicola Roberts!

*Besides my artists to know, a post that I put up a few days ago, I think I am going to try to post  new entries in my "Obsession" series, make it a weekly thing if I find an artist really worthy. When I enjoy a song or a particular artist I will keep listening until I can't take it anymore. This artist has been playing on my iPhone for the last four days... So here you go! :)... BTW, this is my 100th post! Yay!



     Across the pond in the UK, Nicola Roberts, one-fifth of pop girl supergroup, Girls Aloud, is enjoying the recent release (September 26th) of her debut solo album entitled, Cinderella's Eyes, a project that takes on the life of a fairytale while containing a very unique and "British" sound that differs from the music she had crafted with her former group. The recording process for the album began as early as 2009, when Girls Aloud announced that they would be taking a break in order to explore different musical projects. Roberts has a songwriting credit on all but one of the 12 tracks featured on the album, a talent and feat that most in the music industry do not even possess.
     Robert's music is not for all ears, I will be honest. People will either love it or find it annoying, but I feel that there won't be an inbetween with this artist. Her image is very retro and modern and her voice is just so sweet and innocent, I do not know how anyone would not find an attraction to her. Roberts has stated that the inspiration behind her solo album came from her time in Girls Aloud, when the media would classify her as the "ugly one" in the group. It seems as if Roberts took all the hurt and anger and transformed it into some really great and original pop tracks that will gain her a bigger audience than the one that she already has.
     The album, which I am thinking about reviewing for AlbumConfessions, is a project that is garnering positive reviews from many different critics. I can see similarities between Roberts and Swedish pop artist, Robyn, and that is a huge compliment. The vocals of Roberts, which show so much emotion, are really what carry the album. Some of the tracks are huge misses, but most of it is a pleasant experience for those who like indie, non-mainstream, music that actually contains a meaning. The effort was preceded by two singles that performed moderately well in her home country, but some of my favorite music from the artist is not even on the final track list. There is no release date for Cinderella's Eyes here in the US, but I think that once people are exposed to her music, they will grow to like what they see and hear.

Listen to one of my favorite tracks from Nicola Roberts titled "Disco, Blisters & a Comedown" and be sure to check out her first two singles, "Beat of My Drum" and "Lucky Day".

Disco, Blisters & A Comedown - Nicola Roberts

Powered by mp3skull.com

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar